Tenants and Residents

Scottish Secure Tenancy Agreement (SST)

The Scottish Secure Tenancy Agreement is the legal agreement we have with every tenant, you will have signed two copies when your tenancy commenced. Osprey (AHP and MHP) retain a copy on file and you will have received the other original signed copy.

We recommend you keep your SST in a safe place, it is a legal document and states all the conditions and terms referring to your tenancy.

You can also download a template copy of the Scottish Secure Tenancy Agreement for your reference or call the office and request a copy to be posted to you. It contains information on your rights and responsibilities as a tenant, and covers the following areas:

  • Use of the house and common parts
  • Respect for others
  • Subletting, Assignation and exchange of your tenancy
  • Repairs, Maintenance, improvements and Alterations
  • Ending the tenancy
  • After the tenant’s death
  • Information and consultation
  • Complaints

Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB)

What is Antisocial Behaviour?
Section 143 of the Antisocial Behaviour etc (Scotland) Act 2004 provides that a person engages in Antisocial Behaviour if they:

“act in a manner that causes or is likely to cause alarm or distress; or pursue a course of conduct that cause or is likely to cause alarm or distress,” to at least one person who is not of the same household.

You can find a more detailed definition on the Aberdeenshire Council and Moray Council Websites

Your Responsibilities

When you moved into your Osprey (AHP or MHP) property you signed a Scottish Secure Tenancy Agreement (SST), this is a legal document which means you have agreed that:

“ You, those living with you, and your visitors, must not harass or act in an anti-social manner to, or pursue a course of anti-social conduct against, any person in the neighbourhood. Such people include residents, visitors, our employees, agents and contractors and those in your house. “

In particular, you, those living with you, and your visitors must not:

  • make excessive noise. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of televisions, hi-fi's, radios and musical instruments and DIY tools;
  • fail to control your pets properly or allow them to foul or cause damage to other people's property;
  • allow visitors to your house to be noisy or disruptive;
  • use your house, or allow it to be used, for illegal or immoral purposes;
  • vandalise or damage our property or any part of the common parts or neighbourhood;
  • leave rubbish in unauthorised places;
  • allow your children to cause nuisance or annoyance to other people by failing to exercise reasonable control over them;
  • harass or assault any person in the house, or neighbourhood, for whatever reason. This includes that person's race, colour or ethnic origin, nationality, gender, sexuality, disability, age, religion or other belief, or other status;
  • use or carry offensive weapons;
  • Use or sell unlawful drugs or sell alcohol.

How to report ASB

If you are affected by ASB in your neighbourhood then it is important to let Osprey so that any appropriate actions can be taken.

In the first instance we recommend you contact your Housing Officer by calling our Westhill office on 01224 548000 or our Lossiemouth office on 01343 543210. If you would prefer someone to call you back please complete the Enquiry Form and a member of staff will contact you.

If the incident is related to criminal activity please call Police Scotland on 101 (Non e emergency) or 999 in emergency situations, so that immediate action can be taken. Please ensure you note the Police reference number.

Contents Insurance

As the property owner, Osprey’s insurance covers damage to the building, but this does not cover any of your household contents (floor coverings, furniture, electrical goods etc).

We strongly recommend you take out your own contents insurance so that in the event of a break-in, fire , flood or other incident, your belongings will be covered.

The SFHA Diamond Insurance Scheme offer contents insurance specially tailored for social housing tenants, for more information you can download the Diamond Contents Insurance and additional information or find out more on their website:  https://www.sfha.co.uk/diamond-insurance

Keeping a Pet

You must first receive written permission from Osprey before keeping any animals in your home. You can call the office to request a copy of your permissions to be posted to you.

The conditions of your tenancy agreement allow you to keep up to two domestic pets, which excludes any cloven hoofed animals or fowl.

You are responsible for ensuring your pet is not a nuisance to your neighbours, including fouling, noise or smell.

Alterations to your home

If you wish to carry out any alterations to your home or garden, you must first receive written permission from Osprey. You can call the office to request a copy of the permissions to be posted to you.