Complaints and Compliments

Osprey Housing are dedicated to providing a first class service, however, if you are dissatisfied with the service we have provided it is important that you inform us as soon as possible in order for us to resolve any problems you may have experienced. You can view our current complaints procedure here.

Who can complain?

Anyone who receives a service from AHP or is affected by AHP’s services can use the complaints procedure.

What can you complain about?

You can complain about any aspect of our service which you are unhappy about, for example:

  • A repair which has not been carried out properly.
  • Information which was asked for but has not been received.
  • A member of staff, a Board member or contractor who has not behaved acceptably.
  • A housing application which has not been handled properly.

Please remember that complaints against neighbours are dealt with as anti-social behaviour and you should report this to your Housing Officer. However, if you have a complaint about how we have dealt with a neighbour dispute then please use this Complaints Procedure.

In the first instance we always recommend that you contact AHP before making a formal complaint to see if the issue can be resolved informally. If you still feel the matter has not been resolved you may lodge a formal complaint.

How do I make a formal complaint?

You can request a copy of our Complaints Form to assist you in providing all the relevant information by contacting us by telephone: 01224 548000 or by e-mailing:

Complaints are best submitted in writing but this is not a necessity.

Stage 1 - Frontline Resolution

We aim to resolve complaints quickly and efficiently, therefore it is important you contact as soon as there is a problem. This could mean an on-the-spot explanation or apology if something has clearly gone wrong, and immediate action will be taken to resolve the problem.

We will give you our decision or an outcome of your complaint at Stage 1 in five working days or less, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
If we can’t resolve your complaint at this stage, we will explain why and tell you what you can do next. We might suggest that you take your complaint to Stage 2.

Stage 2 - Investigation

Stage 2 deals with two types of complaint: those that have not been resolved at Stage 1 and those that are complex and require detailed investigation. If you are making a complaint at Stage 2, please provide as much information as possible in relation to the complaint, as this will make it easier and quicker for our staff to help you.

When using Stage 2 we will:

  • Acknowledge receipt of your complaint within three working days
  • Discuss your complaint with you to understand why you remain unhappy and what outcome you are looking for
  • Give you a full response to the complaint as soon as possible and within 20 working days

If our investigation will take longer than 20 working days we will tell you. We will agree revised time limits with you and keep you updated on progress.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can appeal against the decision. Appeals should be addressed to the Chair of the AHP Board asking for the decision to be reviewed. We will confirm receipt of the appeal within 3 working days.

Significant Performance Failures

A significant performance failure is something that we do, or fails to do, that puts the interests of our tenants at risk. This is something that does, or could, affect all of our tenants. If we do not deal with the failure, you can contact the Scottish Housing Regulator (SHR). Read their Significant Performance Failure Factsheet which provides more information on what you should do and how to raise your concerns with the SHR.

Scottish Public Service Ombudsman

If after following this procedure you are still not satisfied with the response or service you have received then you can contact the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman who deal with complaints relating to housing services. The Scottish Public Services Ombudsman will not normally be able to deal with complaints which have not gone through AHP’s complaints procedure.

Scottish Public Service Ombudsman
4 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7NS
Tel: 0800 377 7330 Fax: 0870 377 7331
Contact Page:

What other help is available?

AHP staff are always available to give advice and assistance. A full copy of AHP’s Complaints Policy is available from our offices or can be downloaded here. You can get independent advice from your solicitor, your local MSP, a local Councillor or an Advice Agency.

Comments, Suggestions and other Feedback

We welcome all other feedback – and use comments and suggestions to help us improve.

You can share your views with us in many ways. Send us an e-mail to, letter, speak to a member of staff or call our Customer Services Team. You can also contact us through our web site or social media.